Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Bouncing Check??

So, I started this new job about a month ago. To make a long story short, I quit after 3 weeks. Simply because it was the MOST unorganized and unethical restaurant I have ever served at. I should have seen it coming when the lady who hired me (and she has never served as a waitress in her life and is only the Hiring Manager because she's married to the owner) tried to tell me that I wouldn't make a good server because their restaurant was considered "Fine Dining". A joke right? yeah I know. So back to the title. So needless to say, every time pay period comes around every ones paycheck is messed up! IDK why, but those were the stories. So from the time i started at this new place, I just kept on getting bad reviews from various people who shall not be named, about everything from money to the bartender! Crazy right? yeah I know. So here comes pay day!!! I just got out of training, I'm ready to get that "PHAT" check, and I'm gonna deposit it in my BOA acct!!! Opened the check...it said (remember this because it isn't much money) $60.21...so i didn't freak out though I expected about 200 dollars! I head to the BOA nearby...deposit the check (this all happened on JULY 1st)

Today is July 5th. The check of $60.21 bounced...Now any smart person knows that 60 dollars from a workplace isn't much money...A place of business should have this amount of money in their account! BUT GUESS WHAT???? since its always me! THIS STUPID RESTAURANT doesn't have SIXTY FREAKING DOLLARS in their ACCOUNT!!

What kind of MESS is that? I mean really how do you operate with no money?? I just don't understand! Can someone explain to me how that works???

But I'm about to hop out of this bed! Get dressed! Hop in the car! and FLY down the road to this "place of FINE DINING" and have them explain it to me!

I'll fill you guys in on the interesting convo soon to come!

Love,

Ashbash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley it's me Amanda!! I'm disappointed in hearing about your check i hope that you worked that out! I think your site is cool so I will be checking in on it.

Anonymous said...

OMG... the check from your job bounced?!?! wow!!! you're right.. what kinda mess?!?! i woulda went postal in that bit cuh..!
---> Sakoyia Dean <----