Monday, July 21, 2008

TATTOO YOU?


So about a week ago me and my mother went and got matching tattoos! But of course the journey to getting them was as simple and the simple sentence above!


All summer long I kept mentioning to my mom about getting matching tattoos to bond us forever and ever amen! She wasn't really feeling it to say the least in the beginning...I even offered to pay for them. (Which offering to pay isn't something that I do) So I would leave the conversation alone for a few weeks and bring it up again. But one day when I'm chilling in the sitting area of her room, she on her bed reading a magazine, my mom randomly says..."You wanna go get tattoos today."


reluctant at first I say "well I don't know if I have the money right now..but yeah sure why not."


Getting more excited by the minute to share a valuable moment with my mom, WE hurry and get dressed and head off to East Atlanta Tattoos (oh yeah shout out to GUZIK... the artist.)


So we get there and pick out what we wanted...My mom wanted these ugly Lil hearts with wings. AND I quickly SAID "Are you serious?! I don't want a corny looking tattoo!" so we kept searching.. Finally we came across Chinese characters and their meanings... Since we were getting the same one we figured might as well get one that relates to our relationship...so we simply got LOVE....but b4 we put it on our bodies I googled the symbol on my Sidekick LX to make sure the symbol was the same....Because honestly what if it meant SMELLY HOLE or APPENDICITIS!....only Asians know...so to make sure i wasn't crazy we looked it up!


Whew okay the same symbol popped up a few times so we were convinced.


WE filled out our paperwork. I paid for the tattoos. A grand total of $100.00. And I volunteered my mother go first so she wouldn't chicken out!


NEEDLESS TO SAY...since my mom hasn't had a tattoo in a few years she was nervous....But too nervous for my liking....OMG you guys SHE KEPT whining and saying "It's Forever, it's forever" forgetting the fact that the tattoo means something and the experience of getting them meant something to me. But like i said she just kept on saying how she's 35 and blah blah blah and it will never go away....SO i got tired of hearing her complaining because it wasn't like i wasn't getting it either!! HECK I WANT 4 tattoos....don't see me complaining! LOL


So GUZIK calls us to the back....Mom lays on the chair right ankle to the ceiling...GUZIK finishes prepping..."BUZZ BUZZ," goes the needle...."Oh Lord!" goes my mom. "Ugh!!!" I replied..."Are you ready?!" asks GUZIK to my mom..."Wait idk HOLD ON!" goes mom..."OK SERIOUSLY YOU ARE KILLING ME RIGHT NOW....do you need me to hold your hand mommie?!" said I. "yeah..." she replies. "it will only take him 5 minutes."


"BUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" goes the needle piercing into my moms flesh...she winces with pain a bit while tryna keep still.


(meanwhile my hand is almost broken from her clenching it with such force)


....5 minutes later mom is done..


YAY!! everyone its my turn! I'm excited but slightly nervous being that its been a few months since my first one!


GUZIK preps again......asks me if I'm ready...


"Yeah man born ready!" I replied!


"BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" goes the needle piercing my creamy beige skin....


"OOOHHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDDD!!!" I yelped......


now i know this story is so backwards because my mom was the one acting scary and when she got it didn't say a word.....but I on the other hand wasn't afraid before it happened but whined like a baby when he did the 5 MINUTE tattoo!


Ain't that something!


Maybe I wont be such a punk when I get my third and fourth one!


Love,


Ashbash


1 comment:

Tonyhall89 said...

i love tattoos (i have two, but im trying to get more) but I always stay away from those chinese symbols

my friend got a tattoo down in china town or gallery place and she told them she wanted Love or something like that only to find out in a few months that it said fried rice...

don't trust em